GREENSCENARIO: a SOFTWARE-Based integrated design process FOR CLIMATE ADAPTATION planning
What if we could make the complexity of climate adaptive planning simpler?
Meet Ramboll GreenScenario: a software-augmented, data-driven design process for climate adaptation planning made intuitive, transparent and collaborative.
- What if we could make the effects of design decisions clear, the assessment of concepts more intuitive and the planning process more transparent?
- What if the results of planning climate adaptive could be based on a holistic evaluation of performance and benefits simultaenous with an assessment of economical parameters?
- What if data drove our decision making and was supported by evidence-based arguments?
WHY GREENSCENARIO?Extreme weather damage from flooding, heat and drought is increasing in frequency; traditional infrastructure is failing; the pressure to build new housing or fix existing areas is ever rising. Simultaneously, climate-related regulations have moved from discourse to policy, pushed from both governments as well as the public.
GreenScenario simplifies how to plan climate adaptive developments, providing cities and developers a software-augmented planning process that combines analysis, simulation and collaboration on a single, user-friendly platform.
Suitable for new developments or urban retrofits in existing areas; whether for residential or commercial buildings, or mixed-use neighbourhoods and districts, GreenScenario responds to the complexity of today’s planning environment by objectively looking at a cross-section of climate, design and economic parameters.
WHY GREENSCENARIO FOR YOUR NEXT URBAN PLANNING PROJECT?
With GreenScenario from Ramboll Studio Dreiseitl:
- Know exactly which tools to use and where to place them so that your development is aligned to your design, climate and commercial objectives.
- Eliminate guesswork and see the effects of planning decisions in (close to) real-time.
- And use the visualisations to quickly compare, optimise and communicate design options with your stakeholders.
The end result: transparent and objective planning solutions tailored to your project-specific goals and enabling you to confidently and clearly convey solid arguments for climate adaptive, economically feasible development solutions.
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT TODAY MORE THAN EVER BEFORE?
- Calculating environmental impact today is highly manual (and therefore costly and time consuming).
- Designing for future changes due to extreme weather events take too long to get to results or is largely guesswork.
- Collaboration between public municipalities, private developers and planners may be tedious and decision-making is not always transparent.
This is an expensive, inefficient and time-consuming planning process. With GreenScenario, we rapidly assess and optimise the quality, performance and economic feasibility of development solutions so that they are built to withstand the uncertain and changing environmental conditions of the future.
THREE-STEP GUIDED PROCESS
GreenScenario brings you from idea to results quickly, based on a transparent, data-driven platform enabling informed decision-making.
Step 1: ANALYSE AND SET GOALSWe start by building a 3D model based on three base documents: 2D or 3D layout plan, topography, location-specific climate data.
Step 2: ITERATE AND EvaluateGenerate a myriad of options, assess their feasibility and objectively compare the scenarios.
STEP 3: OPTIMISE AND SOLVEValidate, enhance and optimise a preferred scenario and ensure that the design meet your planning requirements.
Features of the Software + Process-Based Platform
- Iterative early-stage optioneering of all possible design options.
- Analysis and comparison of how solutions perform, all rated and assessed based on international best-practice metrics.
- Clear and rapid visualisation of multiple scenarios and their resultant impacts on costs, benefits and environmental effects - simultaneously and in (close to) real-time.
- Development of evidence-driven arguments that are supported by quantitative analysis (software) and guided by rational comparison (human collaboration).
Application and Primary Benefits
Utilising location-specific data to create project-unique simulations, GreenScenario's value-adding benefits include:
- Assessing with confidence: holistic evaluation of complex topics relevant for climate-friendly planning including early-stage cost-benefit estimates.
- Eliminating guesswork: clarity in which tools to use, where to place them, what their effects are and know that they are the best possible choice.
- Engaging and unifying stakeholders: through the involvement of all project participants from the very beginning, a faster acceptance and approval process can be enabled.
- Driving down the complexity of planning and enabling informed, transparent decision-making.